Tuesday, August 9, 2011


Teddy took over after McKinley was assassinated to become our 26th President. 



Teddy promised to keep his predecessor policies, and started out with a huge speech to Congress about cutting the power of corporations. He also worked with the unions which often gave them more pay for less hours. 



Teddy was also to the first president to pass acts to make sure the meat we ate were safe, the food we consumed weren't going to kill us,  the medicine we took worked, and other types of prevention of other crimes committed by greedy corporate companies. 



He also had a great love for nature, and as a result many nation parks and other types of things to protect nature were doing under his term. Which I think was a good thing. 




I really do admire Teddy Roosevelt's "trust busting", and I really wish America had not been bought out by corporate greed later on. He didn't get as much done as I expected, but he was a progressive like myself and I consider him one of the greater presidents. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment