Wednesday, August 10, 2011


I loved Melee so much, and it was a long wait for Brawl. The time it released I was car-less, and my family was out of town, so I went in the dark black of the night on-foot to my local Gamestop for the midnight launch. I was cold, tired, and scared, and I pretty much went to sleep as soon as I got back, but I knew this baby would be waiting for me the next morning. 



Melee had a great roster of characters, though I'm sad to see Roy and Mewtwo not make the cut this time around in favor of Ike and Lucario. 



Brawl has an ever bigger roster though. It even had Sonic (thanks EGM!) and Solid Snake joining the Nintendo crew. 



It's more or less the same game as Melee. I just didn't like how they changed the perfect physics of Melee, when they created Brawl. Oh well, it was still a damn fine experience. 


I liked the new Adventure mode somewhat when it came to cut-scenes, and boss fights, however I much prefer the way Melee made it. 


They also added online play!.... Except when you play it, lag will often ruin the match entirely. It works better since everyone stopped jamming the servers at launch, but it's very lackluster, but not surprising for the Wii and the fact that fighting games have terrible online play to begin with. 



The multiplayer matches are still fun though if you're offline. Tons of stages, modes, and whatnot to keep you battling your friends until the end of the night. 



I liked the Final Smashes, even though they were so unbalanced. For example Samus has a killer move for a final smash. 




Kirby...not so much. 



It makes you the juggernaut for awhile, and it's completely optional so I can't really complain. It's fun to use on someone better than you are of course. In short, I was bit disappointed in Brawl because it didn't meet my hype for it. But honestly what game could have met such an epic setting of the bar?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment