Saturday, August 6, 2011


It's my favorite game of all time, so of course it makes my top 5 Zelda list with the Numero Uno spot. 


As a kid I hated the first game since it was way too hard for my noob self. When I was in middle school, I had bought an N64 and a crapload of games from some dude my mom worked with. Ironically Ocarina of Time was probably one of the last games from that pile I picked to play. However once I got to this moment I was hooked. 


The world was so huge and charming, it was hard to resist exploring every nook and cranny for every stupid little item or side-quest. Plus at night, Zombie-Skeletons come out to kill you!


Speaking of side-quests, I loved all the ones in Ocarina of Time of couse like jumping away from Lon Lon Ranch with Epona as an adult. Plus there was so many little things that you didn't have to do. Like attacking the chickens would have them all come after your butt and murder you. 



The dungeons were awesome, each one better than the last. With every dungeon came an epic boss, and this is really my childhood wrapped up in video game form. 


I also loved the Past-Future mechanic of the game as well. Seeing the whole land of Hyrule fall into darkness after several years was impressive. Gave you a sense of pride when you swung your sword into Ganon for the final time. 


I really can't wait until I get a 3DS for the remake. Makes me feel like a kid again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment