Tuesday, August 9, 2011


I was surprised so many Mario fans gave this game such a backlash. I don't know if they were bitter that it was quite a bit more unique than Super Mario 64, didn't like the tropical setting/jetpack, or were on the Gamecube hate-train. I just know one thing: I wasn't one of those people. Super Mario Sunshine is one of my favorite games of all time. 


It put Mario in a dratistically different setting, with him being sent on a vacation. Except this vacation forced him into eco-fascist slavery because he got framed by Bowser's little brat. I really liked the tropical setting, though I do admit it did get a little old after awhile. 



I did like the F.L.U.D.D. or as most people knew it as the water jetpack. It had a couple of different uses, and I thought it made the platforming and combat a bit better than other Mario games. 



I was glad to see Yoshi make a glorious return in Sunshine as well. I liked this version of Yoshi better than Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Super Mario 64 DS. He played like a vomiting version of himself from Super Mario World. 


Even though it's an odd choice for some people, I'm not ashamed of my love for Sunshine. One of the best titles for the GameCube, and certainly one of best Mario games period. Don't hate, appreciate! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment