Monday, August 8, 2011


Despite being the first and least [graphically] powerful Mario platformer (I don't count Donkey Kong or Mario Bros as a Mario platformer) I absolutely adore the original NES game. 


It's really amazing to go back and see how awful and simple a lot of NES games were. Yet despite the system's limitations, this game proved that simple games can have an enormousness amount of depth if you dig deep.


It's also one of the more challenging Mario games around. I think it has one of most perfect balances of gameplay as well. It's not insanely hard, but it's no cakewalk either. Very moderate middle ground, but the last world will test your skill as a gamer. 


Plus it's a game you can keep going back to again and again and again. I'll be playing this one until they wheel me off to the old folks home. 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment